Modeler is the utility software for developers. It generates
source code needed to interface with DDS middleware. Developers defines
applications interface with middleware including
- Topics its publishing
- Topics its subscribing
- Quality of service setting for each subscription or publication
- Notification mechanisms (listener settings)
System wide types, topics, application interfaces are generated as a project
and updates are performed through code generator.
Generating middleware specific code using a tool has following benefits:
- Application developers does not need to know programming
details of DDS API .
- Tool usage speeds up software development as major code is
generated by tool
- It eliminates errors generated while implementing middleware
- It ensures type consistency and interface control through the
- Easy management of system internal interfaces from
configuration control point of view.